Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Whats on my mind

Hello everyone,
How are you today. It is very cold in Indiana today. I just got done taking my son to school and my hubby-to-be is off to work. Ahhh some piece and quiet. My two bostons are laying in bed with me trying to keep warm. It is all of 10 degrees outside before you factor in a windchill. Yuck. Old man winter at his best.
Anyhow I started today much like every other day. I check my e-mail and than I visit the scrapbeach. What great community full of women who love scrapbooking and mini albums as much as I do. It always makes me happy to watch a mini album video from the beach because the women there are so talented.
I digress yet again. A week or so ago I got an idea to go through my paper and try to sort it differently. I got an idea from Kathryn the creator of life on the scrapbeach. She makes page kits. She puts enough goodies in a cropper hopper page kit folder to make a mini album or at the very least several pages. She includes pattern paper, cardstock, alpha stickers,brads,ribbon and other embellies to make a mini album. I thought this was a great idea. That way when I want to make an album I can just pull out a kit and get going. So I started with something easy like the paper pack I just bought. I got a cropper hopper page in progress container and put several sheets of pattern paper and matching cardstock. I love the fact that I put pattern paper and matching cardstock together. No more guessing when it comes time to get out my paper collection and try to match my existing cardstock to it.
So I then went to my loose paper collection. I never realized how much random paper I buy. So I decied to start with my favorite company Basic Grey. I have probably 10 different collections of BG in paper. So I started sorting thru it and now I am in the process of putting together several page kits and making sure I have enough pattern paper to make a mini. I have ordered some paper from the collections to complete a page kit. I even put info of what is missing on an index card with the name of the company and collection. I am well on my way to organization. If you have a great story of how you are getting organized or even an organizational tip please let me know. I would love to hear it.

No comments: