Monday, June 14, 2010

Birds Eye View layout Challenge #3

This layout is for the 3rd challenge at Treasured scrapbooking. I did a ton of distressing and ripping and tearing in this layout.
I took an old piece of Bazzill cardsotck from my stash as the base for this layout. I used various background stamps and stamped on left hand side and bottom of the blue cardstock. I also added a bird that I cut out of Basic grey offbeat paper and added it to the left hand corner. I used pineapple glimmer mist to make the bird shimmer. I tore a stamp with a plane on it from K& Co. homemade die cuts pack and added it to the top right and corner. I also edged this with waterslide glimmer mist. I took the other part of the stamp and added it to the bottom almost center of the page. This too was edged with waterslide glimmer mist.I used tim holtz broken china, faded jeans and weathered wood distress inks. Then I took a piece of Best Creations Blue glitter paper and tore it on 3 sides. I distressed it further with tattered angels bubbes and waterslide glimmer mist. The top layer of pattern paper came from Basic Grey offbeat. It was ripped and distressed with yellow daisy and mustard seed glimmer msit. I rolled all three layers in various spots to add interest and dimension. Top left hand corner I placed my main photo and added a frame frm the K& Co. homemade die cut collection. The envelope, ticket, word strips that say blue skies up above, and circle die cut wit hthe plane in the center all came from K& co. homemade die cut collection pack. All were glimmer misted with yellow daisy and sunflower glimmer mist. The post card ournaling spot and photo mat came from Close t my heart stamp set and was stamped using faded jeans distress ink by tim holtz. Finally I took a 5"x31/2" Basic Grey offbeat pattern paper and ripped it and distressed it with yellow daisy and mustard seed glimmer mist. I also rolled some of the edges and used dimensional adhesive to give some areas a lift. I then added 3 more photos and a tag fromthe homemade die cut collection from K & co.
I hope you like my layout. It was fun tearing and distressing the paper.

No comments: