Thursday, June 10, 2010

Father's day card


This is a fathers day card I made. I took a piece of flocked cardsotck to make the base of this card. I used dark brown bazzill cardsock in the center and distressed it with Tattered Angels Olive Vine and Coffee Shop glimmer mist. Than I layered a piece of pattern paper on top of that to add interest. I cut out another piece of bazzill bling cardstock and used my cuttle bug to cut a quickutz top note shape as the base for my title. I added interest to the top note shape by taking a Tim Holtz flourish mask and spraying Olive Vine and Coffee Shop glimmer mist on the top note shape. I took a sticker from my stash that says (my hero) my dad and placed it on the topnote shape. In the top left corner I punched out a 1/2" dark green cirlce out of some scrap cardstock in my stash. I placed a Prima flower center in silver on the circle and put pop dots underneath to give this some dimension. I also added a Creative Imaginations sticker that says wonderful you. To further enhance the corner I took a piece of string from my stash and glimmer misted it in Coffee Shop to match the Tim Holtz tolken I wanted to use. I tied the Tim Holtz token that says wonderful around the Prima flower center so that it could hang just below the sticker in the left corner. As a finishing touch the bottom of the card was puched with a top note edge punch and I added dimension to the shape by edging the paper with Coffee Shop glimmer mist. I hope you like this recessed window card.

No comments: